The title sounds like a sequel to a popular horror movie, but it isn’t.
Somehow i have developed a liking for Swiss contemporary KONKRETE artists. Almost all are constructivists and Richard Paul Lohse and Jakob Bill are two of them. This time i will blog on Jakob Bill the son of the famous Max Bill and belonging to the group of Zurich Konkrete Kunst.
Outside Switzerland and Germany , Bill is not very well known, but when you visit the collections in Switzerland you encounter many works by Bill. The Zurich Museum/ Haus Konstruktiv organized some exhibitions with Bill, but his most important major exhibitions were all in Swiss Museums . Except for one…..Organized by one of the best galleries in the world. Galerie Denise Rene organized an exhibition in 1972. Denise Rene was the perfect gallery for an artist like Bill, they already represented great artist like Vasarely, Arp., Agam and Jesus Rafael Soto. Bill fits in perfectly. Perhaps this exhibition was a step forward for the popularity of the works by Jakob Bill, but still the artist is not very well known outside Switzerland and certainly deserves better.
- 2010–2011: ganz konkret. Folge 1 + 2, Haus Konstruktiv, Zürich
- 2008: Schweizer Meister. Swiss Masters. Kunstmuseum Luzern
- 2008: Max Bill zum 100. Geburtstag, Kunstmuseum Winterthur
- 2006: Bildertausch – Neupräsentation der Sammlung Marli Hoppe-Ritter, Museum Ritter, Waldenbuch
- 2006: 50 x 50 – een actueel overzicht van internationale concrete kunst, Mondriaanhuis. Museum voor Constructieve en Concrete, Amersfoort
- 2005: Experiment Konkret, Mondriaanhuis. Museum voor Constructieve en Concrete, Amersfoort